Preparing for the general dissertation discuss
Choosing a topic for a dissertation is of paramount importance for a successful defense. When choosing a topic, it is important to take into account the overall experience in the chosen field of knowledge, the previous “groundwork” in scientific research, and the presence of your own creative ideas. When choosing a topic for a master’s thesis, it is advisable to take a relatively narrow task so that it can be worked out in depth.
The following techniques can help you choose a dissertation topic:
– Directory browsing of the protected dissertations and acquaintance with them has already been done at the Department of master’s work.
– Familiarization with the latest research results in related, borderline areas of science, bearing in mind that at the intersection of Sciences it is possible to find new and sometimes unexpected solutions.
– Review of well-known scientific solutions using new methods, from new theoretical positions, with the involvement of new, significant facts identified by the master’s student.
Choosing a topic, you need to understand what is the essence of the proposed idea, the novelty and relevance of this topic, its theoretical novelty and practical significance. This greatly facilitates the evaluation and final consolidation of the selected topic.
Scientific novelty in relation to the dissertation itself is a sign that gives the author the right to use the concept “for the first time” when describing the results obtained and the research as a whole.
When assessing the relevance of the chosen topic, you can not proceed from the political situation in the country or the world. Genuine science ” does not tolerate opportunistic approaches.
The practical significance of the research depends on the nature of the specific scientific research. If the dissertation is of a methodological nature, then its practical significance may manifest itself:
– Publication of the main research results in monographs, textbooks, and scientific articles;
– Approbation of research results at scientific conferences and symposiums;
The work plan begins with the development of the topic, i.e. the idea of the proposed scientific research.
It is possible that the basis of such a plan will be grounded only on a hypothesis, i.e. an assumption stated both on the basis of intuition (premonition) and on a pre-developed version (i.e., on a message from chegolibo for the purpose of preliminary explanation). But even this substitution of the case will allow you to systematize and organize all subsequent work.
It is necessary to understand the order and logical sequence of the planned work. The logical sequence dictates the disclosure of the essence of the problem. It is important to learn to find the main things in any work, decisive thing on which you should focus all your attention at this time. This will allow you to find optimal solutions to the planned research.
This methodological approach leads to the need to take into account the strategy and tactics of scientific research. This means that the researcher determines the overall General goal in his work, formulates the Central task, identifies all available reserves for the implementation of the plan and idea, and selects the necessary methods and techniques of action.
The study of literature on the chosen topic should begin with General works to get an idea of the main issues that the chosen topic is adjacent to, and then search for new material. It is desirable to study scientific publications in stages:
– General introduction to the work as a whole by its table of contents;
– quick view of all content;
– reading in the order of the sequence of the material arrangement;
– selective reading of any part of the work;
– extract of materials of interest;
– critical evaluation of the recorded material, its editing and “finishing” recording as a fragment of the text of the future dissertation work.
You should group the collected material and compare the data obtained, and so on. In this case, a special role is being played by classification, without which scientific construction or conclusion is impossible. Classification makes it possible to enter the circle of issues under consideration in the shortest and most correct way. It makes it easier to find previously unnoticed connections and dependencies and it helps you establish these connections. Classification should be carried out during the entire process of studying the material. It is one of the Central and essential parts of the General methodology of any scientific research.